About Me

My photo
So I live in the suburbs of Austin, with my awesome husband, who is also my best friend and our two gorgeous children. We are originally from NM, however my children were born in Austin! I currently work for a national recruiting firm as the head of the accounting dept. for 2 branches. My husband and I are both prior service Army and have served in many places around the world, including Iraq and Kuwait. I love working out and running. Once in a while I will try a fitness class. I love, love, love Beachbody workout programs!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

So it starts like this, my Turbofire/Les Mills PUMP challenge



I started doing TurboFire about a month ago, although I ordered the program about 9 or 10 months ago and never really pulled it out of the box and did any of the workouts, save for a 1 or 2 of the shorter ones. Last month, even after the holidays, I found myself in a workout slump. I was getting lazy with my workouts and finding myself less and less motivated, so I pulled out TurboFire and found the 5-day Inferno plan that came with the programs. After the said 5 days, I managed to lose 3 lbs, which got my to my pre-baby weight (my goal weight). Not only did I lose the 3 lbs, I found a new love, her name is TurboFire (sorry P90X).


As I am starting to see arms (in my eyes, my flawed area) that I like and have been wanting I want to continue Turbofire because, let's face it, it's one of the funnest workouts I have done in a long time, but I also know to I need to get back into the weights. I've been contemplating for a few weeks now whether to get P90X2 or the newest Beachbody program called Les Mills PUMP, its a workout that is in many gyms, even my own YMCA where were are members to here in Cedar Park, but the hours for the class are just all wrong for my schedule and I haven't been able to attend a class. From what I hear and what I see on YouTube and Beachbody, it looks intense (which I LOVE), but it also look fun and effective, which is a huge plus for me. So last week I ordered PUMP and is supposed to be delivered early this week.. I will be stalking the FedEx website for delivery confirmation! haha
The schedule for PUMP is to workout with it 3 days a week, so on non-PUMP days, I will be doing TurboFire, I'll most likely be sticking to the longer workouts such as Fire 45, Fire 55 and Fire 60 and HIIT 30 as well. But the schedule is still in the making.

My goal for the end of the 90 day challenge is to not lose weight, I would like to stay about 125, but want to drop body fat percentage and increase lean muscle to look more toned.

So stay tuned on more of my challenge to get through TurboFire and PUMP over the next 90 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment